1. What are at least two legal issues associated with clinical psychology? Provide an example of a situation that could be legal but unethical. Explain your response.
2. What are at least two ethical issues associated with clinical psychology? Provide an example of a situation that could be ethical but illegal. Explain your response.
3. Define professional boundaries, boundary crossings, and boundary violations. What effects do boundaries have on the therapeutic relationship?
4. What are at least two cultural limitations associated with assessment and treatment? In your response, discuss the use or misuse of assessment instruments, therapy techniques, research results, or any other facet of clinical practice that could have potentially harmful, culture-specific implications.
5. As you know, people are living longer than ever now, and as a result, there are more elderly people in society. Having experienced the culture in the past few decades, what do you think are the unique psychological issues for the elderly today? What subspecialty in clinical psychology deals with their unique problems?
6. Of the various roles a clinical psychologist can assume which appeals to you the most? why?
7. What are dual relationships? why are they bothersome?
8. Currently, in the field of clinical psychology, there is heightened concern over the use of evidence-based therapy in clinical practice. As the tension between research and clinical practice is not a new discussion, what are some factors that are contributing to a renewed interest in having clinicians apply therapies that have proven efficacy?