ONLY FOR PROF.DWAYNE MCFEE
When dealing with a first-time patient, it is important to collect all of the pertinent information that will be needed for proper documentation. It is also important to review policies and procedures with a new patient to accommodate the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
Research and describe what you would need to do when a first-time patient comes to a medical office or facility. Be sure to aIDress the following:
- Identify pertinent information from a first-time patient, including demographic and insurance information.
- Discuss the consequences of not obtaining the correct information.
- How this will affect the patients care?
- How does this affect the submission of an insurance claim?
List all forms that must be reviewed with a new patient per HIPAAs guidelines.
- Describe each form and what information is needed to complete it.
- Identify the purpose of each form