Nursing Project Professional Issue in Nursing Practice
Topic is Professional Issue Practices in Nursing Practice:
This milestone assignment focuses on the literature review portion of the issue paper. The issue paper is the final written assignment for this course. In any scholarly endeavor, clinical investigation, professional practice matter, or exploration of a scholarly topic, it is vital that you use the literature to explore what has been written about a particular topic or clinical issue. Thus, literature review is one of the first activities once you have chosen your issue topic. All sources must be evidence-based, and use of correct APA format is essential. Feedback provided by your course instructor in this and all upcoming milestones is to be incorporated into the final paper.
Prompt: For this milestone assignment, you will submit a presentation that includes the highlights of your literature review. The literature review provides the evidence basis for the topic that you have chosen for the issue paper assignment, which will be submitted near the completion of the course. By doing a brief presentation for this milestone, you will be able to more clearly articulate and summarize the most important or salient points of the literature review.
At least three evidence-based, current references are to be included in the literature review. In your presentation, be sure to address the following items:
1. Identify the current journals, databases, or other sources you have chosen to serve as the basis of your paper.
2. Justify why you feel the sources you have chosen are the most appropriate ones for your issue.
3. Discuss how you selected the research material from those sources that most appropriately address your issue.
4. Summarize the information you have collected from your research with regard to your issue. In other words, read your chosen articles and summarize what the authors are saying. Be sure to use proper APA format for your citations.
This assignment is to help you develop a concise, professional presentation of the most important points in your literature review. As noted above, the literature review is the evidence-based foundation for your final issue paper.
In four to five slides, you are to include the most important points of your literature review. At least three references are to be included in the literature review. The first three slides might include a brief summation of each of your evidence-based sources. The last slide could be a summation of the most salient points. The content on each slide is to be a brief yet effective address of each selected reference that you have chosen.
1. You may use a product such as PowerPoint, Google Presentation, or Prezi to create your presentations.
2. There are various template designs that you can find on the web for your presentation. Consider your presentation from the perspective of your audience prior to selecting a specific style. Avoid distractions. Be consistent with the style of text, bullets, and sub-points to support a powerful presentation that allows your content to be the focus.
3. Each slide should include your key point(s). Do not place large blocks of text on the visual.
4. Do not overwhelm with content on each slide.