mental health , well being and conciousness , LIFE SPAN , PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
THIS ORDER INCLUDES 4 INDIVIDUAL ESSAYS . The topic is PSYCHOLOGY and the modules are different. All
information for each essay has been provided CLEARLY below.
ESSAY 1 MODULE NAME: MENTAL HEALTH , WELL BEING AND CONCIOUSNESS.
ESSAY 1 TITLE : Describe and critically evaluate the psychiatric approach to mental illness. (2000 words)
Must include 20 references , and also include theorists ; Foucault (1961) Madness and Civilisation, Szasz
(1972) The myth of mental illness, Rosenham (1973) On being sane in insane places and Goffman (1961)
Asylums and Scheff (1984) Labelling theory. Other 16 theorists to be added by writer. (POWERPOINT
SLIDES WILL BE SENT AS ADDITIONAL RESOURCES)
ESSAY 2 MODULE NAME: LIFESPAN PSYCHOLOGY
ESSAY 2: (title needs to be produced based on the essay you write. I have chosen TRAUMA as the topic
so maybe you can write an essay about young children having to deal with the lose of parent/s. THIS
CAN BE DISCUSSED FURTHER VIA EMAIL OR PHONE!
The essay should show clear evidence of a full literature review that compares and contrasts
theoretical and empirical evidence pertinent to LIFESPAN TOPIC (TRAUMA) :.compare and contrast at
least two theoretical understandings of the topic and critically evaluate how the theories and research
underpinning them have contributed to their understanding of that topic.
Criteria the Essay must meet !
1. A clear topic related to one of the lifespan TRAUMA presented lesson (specified powerpoint will be
attached) articulated in a meaningful working title
2. A clear focus within the topic identified i.e. not just trauma but recovery from single incident
trauma or some other specific aspect
3. Two clearly identified lifespan developmental frameworks presented broadly in relation to the topic
4. An evaluation of how each of the two identified frameworks can explain findings in research and
5. A clear conclusion, evaluating the contribution of the two frameworks to knowledge in your chosen
ESSAY 3 MODULE NAME: LIFESPAN PSYCHOLOGY
ESSAY 3 : 2300 words Research proposal on ADOLESCENTS BODY IMAGE INSECURITIES.
I have already started this but READ WHAT I HAVE WROTE AS A GUIDE OF WHAT I WILL NEED THE ESSAY TO
TASK INSTRUCTIONS :Summative Research Proposal of 2300 words .You are asked to design a research
study to investigate. You do NOT have to carry it out, so are not limited by the same constraints as a
final year project. This is an advanced proposal that would be asking for funding from a research
committee or public or governmental body, so it must be ambitious.
The Proposal must identify:
1. The stage of the lifespan (ADOLESCENCE) being investigated, with a specific working title indicating
the broad research question
2. The theoretical approach being adopted, relating to existing literature in the target area
3. Existing research in this field and how this proposal will contribute to knowledge
4. The research method to be employed and rationale for its use
5. The specific participant requirement and how they will be recruited
6. Ethical concerns specific to the actual proposal (not general ethics; these can be positive aspects of
conducting this research)
7. Challenges and considerations of the proposed methodology (rigour)
8. How your personal assumptions and experience may influence the research process (reflexivity)
ESSAY 4 : THIS IS A REFLECTIVE ESSAY ON WORK EXPERIENCE. FOR THIS EXPERIENCE I WORKED AT A
NURSERY WITH CHILDREN AGES 6 MONTHS 4 YEARS. (2500 WORDS)
IN ORDER TO DO THIS ESSAY YOU NEED TO IMAGINE YOU WORKED IN A NURSERY LIKE ME AND EXPLAIN
DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT IT. THE GENERAL WORK I DID WAS INTERACT WITH CHILDREN , RUN ACTIVITIES
WITH THEM , CARE FOR YOUNGER ONES (NAPPY CHANGE , FEEDING AND PUTTING TO SLEEP) , RUNNING
CLASS SESSIONS TO DO WITH LEARNING NUMBERS AND WORDS ETC.
The write MUST act as if they were in this work experience in order for the essay to be to the standard
that I require!
Below are the guidelines of what to write and how much for each section;
i) Provide an outline of the structure and purpose of the organisation you worked for, and explain your
position and duties within it. (500 750 words)
ii) Discuss the extent to which psychological theories and insights (from your previous study) could be
applied, or seen in action, during your work experience. (1000 1250 words)
iii) What did you gain from your work experience, including a discussion of:
What skills did you develop through work experience and what skills did you already have that were
important to the work that you did?
What were your expectations of work experience and how did these differ from the reality?
What were the central challenges of your work experience and how did you address these?
On reflection is there anything that you would change about the way you approach your career
development and/ or approach to work following on from your work experience?