Format: Students will prepare and post a PowerPoint presentation, with speaking notes underneath slide and references applying APA format and style. The length of the presentation shall not exceed 20 slides (typical for 20-minute presentation). Cite sources on slides AND notes, and include references on final slide. In aIDition, submit a Reference list in APA format in a WORD document to the drop box.
- IOM Recommendation Increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree to 80% by 2020.
- Present a description of IOM Recommendation
- Describe the justification for this recommendation (why it is important, citing the research that supports the recommendation).
- Summary of current, related research
- Summarize two recent (within 5 years) peer-reviewed research journal articles that focus on a concept or circumstance related to the recommendation (or topic area).
- Identify the definition of the concept/circumstance studied in the research article.
- Identify the setting in which the concept/circumstance was studied.
iii. Describe the study findings related to the concept/circumstance.
- Progress in achieving IOM goal
- Present the current status of progress in achieving the recommendation. Provide data for state and/or region. Include graphs or tables if available for the data.
- Present at least two examples of innovative programs or initiatives that have led to progress in achieving the recommendation.
- Present the role of the professional nurse in achieving this recommendation. What action can nurses do to shape the future of nursing?
- APA and scholarly writing
- Submit a minimum of 5 references no more than 2 textbooks.
- Cite sources within slides; list references on final slide, and submit separate WORD document with References listed (in APA format).