Community Health and Population T-2
With the increased mobility of human populations, diseases can quickly spread around the world. In addition, changes in vaccination practices have indicated an increase in communicable diseases that were once thought to be under control. These global health issues present new problems for community health officials. In this task, you will analyze a recent outbreak of a global communicable disease that has crossed international borders. Choose one of the following communicable disease outbreaks to address in your task:
respiratory syndrome coronavirus
Note: If you are a California student, please contact your course mentor.
A. Analyze the selected communicable disease outbreak (suggested length of 23 pages) by doing the following:
1. Describe the communicable disease outbreak.
2. Analyze the epidemiological determinants of the outbreak.
a. Discuss the route of transmission of the disease causing the outbreak.
b. Discuss any risk factors involved.
3. Discuss how the outbreak could affect your community at a systems level (i.e., how it will affect the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
4. Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak were to occur in your community.
5. Develop a plan for how you would report about the outbreak to key stakeholders in your community.
6. Discuss strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak in your community.
B. Include all in-text citations and references in APA format.